I havent posted for a couple of days. I haven’t posted as I have been thinking, reading and mulling over. Today I have decided to stop my trial/review of the 5:2 Diet. Here is why:
- Fasting or eating very few calories has resulted in disrupting my sleep quite noticeably.
- There are too many unknowns about the long term effects of eating like this.
- Too many people will assume that you really can eat whatever you want on your 5 days and lose weight. You won’t!
- I am not convinced that all calories are equal so are we even actually eating 500 calories.
- Eating this way does not encourage the right relationship to have with food.
- All the forums and discussion groups are a vicious circle of questions which never get answered. Is this because there has been no published scientific evidence. Even if there was, how do we no it hasn’t been manipulated to suggest what it wants us to believe?
- Why should I have to feel hungry 2 days a week. What is right about that? Surely if I just ate the RIGHT food consistently throughout the week I would not feel hungry and I would find my optimum weight naturally?
- I wasn’t really giving the diet a true test as I was not investigating the health benefits.
- Isn’t it a no brainer that over a course of week if you reduce your calorie intake by say 3000 calories albeit over two days, you are bound to lose weight anyway?
- I was advised to STOP this diet right now by a health professional and watch this ….